Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer 2010

This is the second year of my blog. Coming soon, I hope to share the excitement of graduating from college, getting my very exciting first job, saying farewell forever to my Tom Cruise look-alike boyfriend, and meeting the one I would spend the rest of my life with. It has been a difficult summer, compounded by a health problem that, hopefully, will resolve itself any day. Ninety percent of the time I have a teenager's energy. If it returns tomorrow and I can resume normal activities like my shift with the Spanish speakers at the Provo Temple, and docent activities at the university art museum, I shall be so happy. We are hosting a first exhibit of James Tissot's original watercolors, over a hundred that he was commissioned for a special New Testament edition a hundred years ago. I have never seen such beautiful scenes from the life of Christ. Photographed for the publication in black and white, they were archived and several editions printed, some of which are on display. They look as if he painted them yesterday, so brilliant are the colors! They will be here until after Christmas for us to enjoy.

No comments: